Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My reflection on the Blog Assignment

I feel that the intentions behind that blog assignment were very valid intentions. I feel like a blog can be a very useful tool for a teacher. It provides an excellent way to communicate with parents. It also provides transparency into the classroom for your parents by keeping them up to date on what is going on in the classroom.
The blog requires a lot of work. I believe the intentions behind this assignment were valid, I just really felt it was one more thing added to my plate that I had to keep up with. The schedule I had this semester was almost overwhelming to say the least, but I am almost finished. I am the head coach of our boys high school and junior high school basketball teams, defensive coordinator of our high school football team, head coach of our junior high football team, assistant coach 7th grade football, serve on two different committees that my principal asked me to, I am also a MAT candidate, and I am a husband. So needless to say my schedule has been pretty full and while I believe the blog is a useful tool I just had trouble finding the time, even when my days start at 4 to 5 am and end at 10 or 11 pm.

No comments: